Kruppstahl STEELERS

To boldly go where no one went before in a galaxy far far away or maybe this one in 20 years.
Alle andere toekomstig, wetenschappelijk, fantastische stoompunk gebeurtenissen...

Moderator: Skevan

Re: Kruppstahl STEELERS

Berichtdoor Caladai Doomblade » 14 feb 2014 09:02

My God John, that was a GRUELLING match if ever I saw one! What a game tonight!

Yes Dave, I have to agree with you and every dreadball fan out there, that was pure gold for the neutral viewer. Sure, the TNMT fans won’t be as thrilled as everyone else, but who cares what a bunch of turtle-lovers want!

Now now John, let’s be fair here. They played a good match, and their strategy of hiring the mysterious ‘number 88’ for their game against the Steelers earned them a point in the league.

Yeah alright. I guess I’m still a little mad at them for beating the Oakland Maidens last season. I’m sorry.

Sorry my ass John. They can’t help it if you bet all your money on a team of girl pirates. That might just be your dumb mistake…

Indeeeeed it might have been Dave. urhm. The game. Yes. Well. Apparently it was an exiting game.

Right. I’m sorry, back to business sportsfans! If you haven’t seen it, here’s the lowdown: The Steelers got an early lead with nice 3-point score in the first rush, and the TNMT struggled to recover from that the whole game. The Steelers kept up the pressure with constant scoring while the lone number 88 tried to keep pace on the Steeler side of the pitch.

Yeah, if it hadn’t been for the mysterious MVP it would have been over before rush 7. The rest of the turtles did their utmost to take out the opposing strikers, but both Shimizu and Vaidosa proved hard targets for the Terratons.

Remember John, the TNMT are a young team of teenagers, and often they lack the finesse and skill of a more experienced team. One of the first slams of the game was viewed as a Sucker Punch foul by the refbot, and the offending guard was red-carted off the field. A blow to the team, and the other Terraton guards held back on their slams the rest of the game.

The game would have been a lot more even if they hadn’t, Dave. If only they had managed to take out some of the Steeler strikers, they could have pushed on to a victory. Unfortunately for them, the only player who didn’t hold back this match was all-star favorite of the Steelers: John Dwayneson! Man that guy can kick ass. First slam he makes he takes out that TNMT guard with surgical precision.

Surgical indeed John, did I see it correctly that he ripped part of that Terratons spine out by pulling his tail off? Brutal. And he’ll go down in the annals as one of the few humans to take out two Terratons in one match. After last nights match I even thought I heard a glimmer of respect in Buzzcuts commentary, and he normally has nothing but scorn for other guards.

But besides the bloodshed, there was plenty of other action to witness folks. Highlight of the game for me was the amazing ‘pin-ball-machine’ score by Steeler striker Shimizu in rush 9. Amazing, just amazing. The ball bounced off the scoring ring, into the wall, off the shoulder of a Terraton jack and then again off the opposite wall and right back at Shimizu. He sees it coming and somehow rams it towards the scoring ring again, and it goes in! Weirdest pin-ball score I’ve every seen Dave!

Wow, yeah, that goal really got me on my feet John. But I think my personal man of the match was number 88. His consistency in scoring, without any support, was just amazing. Goal after goal after goal. A true one-man-army that man/alien/thing.

Dave, I think you’re right, but the most fun part for me might have been watching the Steeler coach, Ernie Stautner. He was red-faced and screaming from rush one right up untill the end.

Can’t believe the lungs on that man. For a guy that small he sure can scream John. But you’re right, he was all over the place. “Offense! OFFENSE! no wait, DEFENSE, watch your back Ronnie! And SCORE hotdamnyou! Defend the strike zone and ATTACK”. No wonder his players stopped listening to him after rush 4. There was no strategy there. None.

No there wasn’t any strategy. Stautner was clearly thrown off his game by the arrival of number 88. He just didn’t know how to handle it. But a 5-0 score at the end of the game must make him a little happy, even if it was down to some lucky moments in the Steelers favor.

Well John, I can’t say it enough. Even the best teams need luck on their side if they want to win. And that’s all for tonight folks, join us later for some clips off Ernie Stautner screaming his head off, and the amazing moment when Dwayne Johnsons head got bashed in by a Terraton and he had to get medical treatment. And all the game-bloopers you want off course.

This is Dave and John, signing off for now! Good evening!

Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you understand who's in command ~Jayne

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter ~Churchill
Legers die ik speel: Dark Angels, IG: Jantine Patricians, Thousand Sons High Elves. Dreadball. FOW: Germans & Polish. Mordheim Skaven. Necromunda Orlocks. Shadespire Reavers & Orruks
Caladai Doomblade
BOFH

Berichtdoor Caladai Doomblade » 14 feb 2014 09:03

Er zat nog veel meer in de match, maar dan wordt het echt een short story. Maar wat een game, echt een nagelbijter voor mij. Bedankt Bob!
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you understand who's in command ~Jayne

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter ~Churchill
Legers die ik speel: Dark Angels, IG: Jantine Patricians, Thousand Sons High Elves. Dreadball. FOW: Germans & Polish. Mordheim Skaven. Necromunda Orlocks. Shadespire Reavers & Orruks
Caladai Doomblade
BOFH

Berichtdoor Caladai Doomblade » 14 feb 2014 10:36

Coach Eric Stautner. Gisteren vergeten mee te nemen:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Klein, met protheses als benen, en een enorme schreeuwlelijk. Vooral als het om vrouwen in Dreadball teams gaat. :x

Caladai Doomblade
BOFH

Berichtdoor Caladai Doomblade » 21 feb 2014 19:13

Hello sportfans, we regret to inform you that Dave and John have a technical difficulties and won’t be able to give you the post-match review tonight, but don’t worry, you’ll get your weekly dose of dreadball news right here. Presenting tonights show, for this one occasion, because we couldn’t find anyone else, is George Takei’s head!

Good evening sportfans, I’m George Takei’s head, presenting last nights mad Dreadball review. With me today is one of the star players of the game, John Dwayneson. Good evening mr. Dwaynson.

Good evening George, nice to be here. Please, call me John.

Nice to have you here John, but first, an overview of the game. The first rush went to the home team, the alien Judwan of the XXX. In true XXX style they used their first rush to score three points. In return, the Steelers used their first rush to take out two of their opponents, my honorable guest mr. Johnson taking out the first point-scoring Judwan with a slap-chop like Kirk taking down Gary Mitchel. Then striker Ronnie Vaidosa shocks and awes the crowd with a lethal hate-strike to the back of the second Judwans head. Bamm, two opponents out of the game.

The rest of the match consisted of the Steelers slowly clawing back the score and meanwhile taking down the remaining XXX players one by one. The Steelers had a hard time getting back to a winning position. In rush 13 the XXX levelled the score at 0 with a three pointer, but that was their last gasp as they had no players left to make the difference. Even if the Steelers hadn’t scored the win in their last rush the Judwan would have entered sudden-death without any players on the pitch, automattically losing the game.

Now, to my guest, mister Dwayneson. John, how did you feel about the game?

Well George, I must say that I’ve played the Judwan before off course. Not in this league, but still, and I always find those games rather realaxed.

How is that? A relaxed game?

Yes George, you see, against the Judwan it all comes down to our strikers. The Judwan are going to score no matter what. It’s my job to stop them as best I can, but the real pressure is on our strikers to make sure they keep up with the score and give me and Ulrich the time and the oppertunity to take them out.

Understood John. Now, last week you had a legendary game. You became one of the few human strikers to take out two Terratons in one game. How do you do it?

Train hard and study your opponent, that’s my motto George. I get these questions a lot, and that is what I always say. Before every match I study my opponents rigorously to make sure I can hit them where it hurts.

Well John, we have seen you mastered the art very well. You are rightly feared in this league and we hope to see some more action from you soon. Thank you for your time.

My pleasure George, thanks for having me.

And that is all sportfans, next time John and Dave will probably have recovered from their hover-car collision in the parking lot. I’ve just been notified that neither will press charges against the other. Also, we received shocking news that one of the XXX players has regained conciencenous and actually punched one of the orderlies just like Kirk hammered the Orion spy Thelev in Journey to Babel. Highly unorthodox for the normally pacifist Judwan. More on this later.

For now this was George Takei’s head, signing off.

Caladai Doomblade
BOFH

Berichtdoor Beastherder » 23 feb 2014 18:48

Somebody's been watching too much Futurama :P

Was het nou John Dwayneson of Dwayne Johnson?
Ik vind m iig wel erg goed gemanierd voor zo'n monster van een Guard

Ook ik kijk erg uit naar wat Stefan dadelijk kan doen met een Judwan die geen Pacifist is :grijns:
(want je hebt ook iedereen laten zien hoe hard zo'n bal aankomt als je m tegen iemand zn achterhoofd gooit :wink: )
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Luister naar Beastherder...
Legers die ik speel: ASoIaF Starks & Lannisters, verschillende Warcry en KillTeam warbands, Necromunda en talloze andere projecten
Beastherder
BOFH

Berichtdoor Caladai Doomblade » 09 dec 2016 13:02

Gisteren zijn de Steelers weer eens in actie gekomen, dit keer in een exhibition match tegen Franks Basin City Dames. 125 credits, dus 25 om onze basis-teams uit te breiden.

De Basin City Dames kozen er voor om een extra Guard aan te nemen om hun enkele Guard wat versterking te geven. Een hele goede keus. Daarnaast kozen ze voor een Dreadball kaart en een trainingskamp voor Striker nummer 8 met de skill 'A Safe Pair of Hands' als gevolg.

De Kruppstahl Steelers stuurden Striker Vaidosa en Guard Dwayneson op trainingskamp, dit resulteerde in respectievelijk 'backflip' en 'Steady' als skills. Daarnaast kozen ze voor een extra coaching die en werd Defensive Coach Ernie Stautner meegebracht om de lijnen uit te zetten.

De match vond plaats in de Double-D arena, in Basin City. De thuisploeg startte de match en begon sterk door direct een tweepunter te scoren. Als wraak sloeg John Dwayneson toe en 2 Dames belanden in de ziekenboeg. Daarna werd het even rustig en waren beide ploegen even van slag. Een paar blunders resulteerde er in dat de bal niet eens opgepakt werd in Rush 2 en 3. De Steelers hervonden zich als eerste en kwamen terug met een prachtige vierpunter door striker Vaidosa. Hij kon er echter niet lang van genieten en werd in een brute sandwich genomen door twee dames. Voor sommigen een droom, maar in dit geval eindigde het voor Vaidosa in de ziekenboeg.

Daarna was het voor de Dames zaak om de score om te buigen in hun voordeel. Stukje bij beetje werden er punten gesnoept, waarbij er in rush 8 nog maar 0-1 op het scorebord stond voor de Steelers. Maar met een mooie tweepunter tekende Shimizu voor de 0-3 en met nog 4 rushes te gaan hadden de Dames nog maar weinig tijd om terug te komen. Er moest gescoord worden in Rush 11 en met een paar mooie acties werd de bal naar de voren geworpen richting de 3-punters... Maar niet gevangen! De striker liet de bal los en de kans was verkeken.

Rush 12, de Steelers konden het hier afmaken door minstens een tweepunter te scoren en de score op 0-5 te brengen. Een door Coach Stautner goed opgezette aanval, ingeleid door een tactische slam van guard Ulrich die de weg naar het doel vrijmaakte en daarna een lange rush van striker Mano di Dio zorgde voor de 0-5 en met nog 2 Rushes te gaan was dit niet meer goed te maken voor de Dames. Ze probeerden nog wat wraak te nemen met geweld maar dat haalde ook weinig meer uit, blijkbaar hadden de guards er de energie niet meer voor. De Steelers probeerden in de laatste rush nog een 4-punter te scoren, maar dat lukte ook niet dus de eindstand bleef op 0-5 staan.

Een spannende wedstrijd, en het had op verschillende punten nog alle kanten op gekund. Vooral de 4-punter vroeg in de wedstrijd heeft mij uiteindelijk de marge gegeven om de winst binnen te slepen denk ik. Het zorgde er vanaf dat moment voor dat Frank onder druk stond om te moeten scoren en dat is denk ik wel bepalend geweest voor zijn spel (dat niet slecht was, maar je neemt gewoon meer risico als je achter staat).

Heerlijk om weer eens een pot van dit fantastische spel te spelen in ieder geval.

Caladai Doomblade
BOFH

Berichtdoor Beastherder » 09 dec 2016 19:27

Yup, het was weer zeer aangenaam spelen ^_^

het spelletje speelt nog steeds lekker weg :yes:

Ik had idd het gevoel dat ik de hele match achter de feiten aan liep, en de dobbels stonden niet toe dat ik terug kon komen

"Nee, 3 dice moet genoeg zijn voor een enkele 4+, die Coaching Dice bewaar ik nog"
Famous last words.... :roll:
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Luister naar Beastherder...
Legers die ik speel: ASoIaF Starks & Lannisters, verschillende Warcry en KillTeam warbands, Necromunda en talloze andere projecten
Beastherder
BOFH

Vorige

Keer terug naar Andere SciFi Wargames